Year 1&2 have been learning about China & life and living there as part of our global project at school.
They have put together a few facts for us:
1. People in China often wear tunics.
2. People in China normally wear their hair long.
3. Rich people wear silk.
4. Around 1500BC people used written animal bones to tell (predict) the future.
5. People in China often eat rice and drink wine.
6. It’s a nation in East Asia.
7. Pandas live in China.
8. There are only about 1,000 pandas left in China.
9. In China there is a wall called the Great Wall of China.
10. The Yangtze River is a river in China.
11. Tiananmen Square is a large plaza near the center of Beijing, China.
12. The largest city in China, Shanghai is located in central-eastern China on the coast of the East China Sea.
13. The Forbidden City in Beijing was the Chinese imperial palace for the Ming Dynasty.
14. Chinese New Year takes place in China.
15. This year it’s year of the Tiger (2010)
We will return later with more blogs about other places looked at by us.
By Lucy & Holly & Meghan